[mythtv] SoC 2006: Configuration Revamp Information

Jeremy Muhlich jmuhlich at bitflood.org
Fri Jun 2 21:08:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 14:44 -0600, John P Poet wrote:

> I have a few shows that I watch repeatedly, and use the bookmark to
> start in the same place each time.
> I keep this turned off.
> I have this turned on for the "All Programs" section.
> I keep this turned on.
> I keep this turned on.
> I keep this turned off.

Advanced users will have very specific preferences for these things, but
the typical user will never care.  Even we power users who mess with an
obscure setting will probably set it and forget it.  Perhaps some of the
config options Justin listed should be retained, but they should
probably all be moved off the main config screens to avoid confusing and
scaring new users.  I'll bet the frontend config could be cut down to
three screens, with the rest relegated to an advanced config screen. The
advanced config would really only need a thin UI on top of the settings
db table, just a list of every setting.

 -- Jeremy