[mythtv] MythArchive testing report

Guy Paddock gap7472 at rit.edu
Fri Jun 2 14:17:26 UTC 2006

I recently tried MythArchive on a few episodes of Friends and other
shows I had lying around, and I ran into the following issues:

	-The first three shows I selected were properly detected as being in
DVD format, were replexed and properly combined into a DVD image,
then burned. The burn completed successfully, and then the script
promptly failed, citing that it wasn't able to eject the disc. No
biggie; I ejected the disc and everything was fine.

	-The next three shows I selected couldn't be burned; MythArchive
kept complaining that the episodes didn't exist. Yet, I could select
and watch them from within the frontend without any problem. I
checked the ownership and permissions on the files and made sure that
they were the same as the files that HAD burned properly, but it
still complained that the files weren't found.

	-The disc I burned used the MythCenter theme. When testing the
resulting DVD with xine, I found that the intro animation played
fine, but the menu music kept stuttering. As a result, any selection
I attempted to make in the menu was delayed by about 2-3 secs; xine
seemed pre-occupied with trying to properly play the menu music.

I suppose I could try testing the disc in a regular player when I get
a chance.

Also, one other question: is there any way to pipe the output of the
script directly into the frontend module so that the log view is
updated directly? Also, is there some way of allowing the user to
leave the log viewer and then come back at a later time to view the
status of an existing job? I just... don't like the way it's done now
where view has to actually re-load a log file every 5 secs or so.

--Guy Paddock