[mythtv] MythTV Digicipher II support

Mark Buechler mark.buechler at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 16:49:31 UTC 2006

Here in NA there are quite a few free DCII feeds available. I've been doing
some research on whether it's possible to receive these feeds via a PCI card
similar to a DVB card. So far I've found one which is capable of decoding
DCII signals but doesn't yet have driver support. I've also been researching
the software side and from what I can find the DCII format is very similar
to the DVB standard with the exception of a few additional tables which need
parsing.

Has anyone ever done any work on DCII systems or know of any standards
documents concerning this standard? The DVB card which is capable of
decoding DCII is the Genpix 8psk module. Does anyone know of anymore
hardware decoders supporting DCII? FTA in NA is spotty at best. It seems
there are more DCII FTA feeds available than DVB feeds. For NA users, DCII
support would a great addition.

- Mark.