[mythtv] Getting started with real-time commercial detection

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Sat Jul 15 03:13:13 UTC 2006

I would think that getting it started would be the hardest. Realtime
flagging works extremely well for me on show I start watching as long as
I a about 5 minutes behind. Lowering the volume should not be too hard.
The frontend pops up an osd for me letting me know the commercial has
been reached. You should be able to modify the code around that to lower
the volume. You would have to add the part that would raise the volume
at the end of the commercial as right now you don't get a visual osd
notification when the commercial ends. One question why you are doing
this. I assume it is because it is live tv and you can't really skip the
commercials because you would eventually catch up the the end of the buffer?

- James