[mythtv] EIT sparadically broken in trunk

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sun Jul 9 17:11:46 UTC 2006

On Sunday 09 July 2006 18:19, Torbjörn Jansson wrote:
> I think my problem is a different one and i just figured out what's
> going on.
>
> For some reason i have duplicate channum:s in the channel table for
> the same card.
> I've examined the dupe channels and it is mostly dvb radio channels
> that have dupe channum:s with existing normal channels.
> I don't know why i have it like that, i haven't changed the channums
> manualy.
>
> I don't know if it's valid to have dupe channums on the same card, if
> it is then select query in EITScanner::StartActiveScan needs to be
> changed (or possibly something else).

In the current design it's not valid to have duplicate channums on one
source or multiple sources bound to one card (dvb-s). The channel is
switched in TVRec based on the channum. It would be saner to use the
chanid but I can't think of valid cases to have more than one channel
per source on one channum.

> If it's not valid, then something is broken somewere, probably in the
> channel scanner causing it to assign already used channums to newly
> scanned channels.

Yes, the channel scanner uses the service id as channum. Given the above
problem we should check for duplicates.

> EITScanner::StartActiveScan does it's thing and outputs:
> 2006-07-09 16:23:35.512 EITScanner: StartActiveScan called with 17
> multiplexes
>
> Note that there is 19 rows in dtv_multiplex so 2 mux:es is missing.

No, it scans only multiplexes with at least one channel with activated
useeit.

Janne