[mythtv] Trying to debug seek problems

Isaac Richards ijr at case.edu
Sun Jan 29 01:47:36 UTC 2006

On Saturday 28 January 2006 20:28, David Abrahams wrote:
> It's pretty common, when I hit the 'E' key while watching a recording,
> for the indicator to end up at zero.  Likewise it's common for me to
> end up back at the beginning of all video when I use the skip
> forward/reverse keys.
<snip>
> As I said, this bug is apparently repeated through most of the
> subclasses of VideoOutput, the exceptions being VideoOutputIvtv and
> VideoOutputXv.  I suppose most people are using Xv and that's why it
> hasn't been more widely reported.  Regardless, the repetition of this
> code pattern strongly suggests that some refactoring is in order.

No.  VideoOutputXv has the same "bug", but that's how the code is supposed to
be.  VideoOutputIvtv doesn't even have analogous code.

The problem is that VideoOutputQuartz::UpdatePauseFrame() isn't updating the
scratch frame's frame number like it should, since it's using that style of
pausing.

This obviously is not a case for refactoring, since each output class can and
does (XvMC and ivtv) need to handle this differently.

Isaac