[mythtv] #1058 - what now?

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Fri Jan 27 16:28:14 UTC 2006

Daniel/Ivor,

I have learned the following info :

xvinfo reports, among other things:
		Adaptor 0: "Intel(R) Video overlay"
		maximum XvImage size 1440 x 1080

So that telling me that the largest permissable video overlay size is
1440x1080 (as I understand it), which obviously won't fit 1920x1080 into it.
:-)

	mplayer WILL NOT play these two HD channels when using '-vo xv' or
'-xv sdl'  as it crashes (with an X error stating it couldn't allocate
space, same error as myth encounters I expect).

      mplayer WILL play them with -vo options: x11 or gl or aa (it doesn't
do sound though, but I didn't look into that) The 'gl' is so slow/jerky it's
unworkable, but it at least displays.  'aa' is fun too.

Would it be possible to scale the video down to the 'maximum XvImage size'
(or somewhere under it)?

> BTW You can force MythTV to not try using XVideo by defining the "NO_XV"
environment variable before
> running MythTV. However, you computer will probably be too slow for this
to work at HDTV resolutions.

I will also try this suggestion tomorrow, and advise if it's workable or
not.

Buzz.