[mythtv] #1058 - what now?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Fri Jan 27 13:30:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 22:24 +1000, Buzz wrote:
> Given that the MS windows software that comes with my DVB-T card works just
> fine (by scaling the display output to either a selected resolution, or
> "full screen" - which is the largest scaling that can be fitted in my
> display resolution without cropping), I would have thought that there was an
> equivalent in Myth...since Myth is otherwise superior in just about every
> aspect.
It is probably using something else to scale the video, your video driver
wanted to use 2332800 bytes for a buffer that needed 3133440 bytes. What
video card are you using?

> How do others cope when part of their display chain can't directly play
> (1080i)1920x1080 resolution, (or other big resolutions)?, but they still
> want to use HD?
Usually they get a new video card, but can you try this little
experiment with mplayer?

mplayer allows you to try various video output methods using the
-vo option. Try them all and report back with the ones that work,
so we know what we might want to implement.. Be careful as mplayer
will print "The selected video_out device is incompatible with
this codec." sometimes, and select another videoout device for
you, in this case do not report success with that video out device.

BTW You can force MythTV to not try using XVideo by defining the
"NO_XV" environment variable before running MythTV. However, you
computer will probably be too slow for this to work at HDTV
resolutions.

-- Daniel