[mythtv] Transcode output utterly garbled?

Peter Henderson peter.henderson at starjar.com
Wed Jan 25 22:01:30 UTC 2006

Dave Just wrote:

>On 8699 and for the last couple of days I'm getting the video of good
>MPEG2 recordings transcoded to complete garbage --- it looks like
>multi-coloured static interference patterns!  Has anyone else seen
>this?

I am :-(

I've just transcode a couple of programs I recorded recently, one was
complete garbage, the other transcoded fine.
Im pretty sure both these recordsing were made using svn 8630 snapshot.

The good program was from Channel 4  and the corrupt one was on ITV2
both early in the morning on 22 Jan. Im in the UK

I have not changed any transcode/MPEG settings.

My set up is 3 Avermedia 771 DVB-T cards on a amd 64 3200 box. with a
number of remote client pc's

Guess its time to upgrade to the latest svn and see if its still
happening, especially on new recordings.

Peter