[mythtv] ChromaKey OSD and 0.19

Geoffrey Kruse gkruse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:51:51 UTC 2006

On Jan 25, 2006, at 3:46 PM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-01-25 at 12:15 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>> There has been some talk on -users about the ChromaKey OSD and it's
>> status for 0.19
>>
>> http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/7569
>>
>> What's the story on making that unexposed database setting
>> available to
>> the frontend?  Is there some criteria that needs to be met before
>> this
>> feature is primetime.  It'd be nice to make a note of it on the
>> wiki FAQ
>> but I don't know the full story.
>>
>> I'm using it on one of my frontends and I haven't had any problem
>> with
>> it and the Isthmus-OSD.
>
> It has been very lightly tested by me. I suspect it has problems
> with aspect override, the detection of the screen Visual is a
> total hack, I would like to make some changes to how things
> like ChromaKey OSD are enabled before exposing this feature,
> and enabling ChromaKey OSD causes segfaults when we fall back
> to regular XVideo display.
>
> In short, this will not be enabled for 0.19.
>
> The ticket to watch for updates is here:
>   http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/512

I understand that it needs more work, I just thought I'd add my
$0.02.  I've been using this in a production environment for several
months now and it has been rock solid.  It makes such a huge
difference in performance, I can't wait until it is finally
completed.  Thanks Daniel for make in this work.

Geoff