[mythtv] DVB tuning problems - Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Wed Jan 25 00:35:40 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 18:30 -0500, Buechler, Mark R wrote:
> Ok, maybe we're getting somewhere here. Between source and destination
> satellites it will see satellites with transponders on the same frequency
> I'm tuned to. In that case it sees a PAT, but of course an invalid one.
> After waiting 400ms and still not getting a valid PAT, siparser doesn't give
> up, correct?

Mark, there appears to be something wrong with your mailer,
the messages you post do not thread correctly because they
are missing the 'In-Reply-To:' and 'References:' headers.

As I mentioned earlier the SIParser does not get involved
until the SignalMonitor thinks there is a valid channel out
there. In your case there is probably a transport on another
satellite that gets picked up while the dish is moving that
happens to share a program number with the channel you wish
to tune, and so MythTV tunes to it instead, but then loses
it when the dish continues to move. What is needed to fix
this problem is NIT/SDT monitoring in DVBSignalMonitor, and
the glue to make this work in TVRec; this means setting the
network id and service id of DVBStreamData, instead of the
program number of an [ATSC/MPEG]StreamData in
TVRec::SetupDTVSignalMonitor().

-- Daniel