[mythtv] DVB tuning problems - Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Jan 24 23:19:44 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 18:07 -0500, Buechler, Mark R wrote:
> I don't want to  put in a ticket for this until I have more
> information but I really don't know where to look to get it. My setup
> uses a rotor with a Twinhan card. I've had HUGE difficulty
> consistently changing channels. I've added code to retune every few
> seconds until the correct PMT is found, however, many times it doesn't
> do any good. I run the backend with -v channel,record,siparser and if
> I were to believe MythTV I would conclude that the card just isn't
> tuning. However, at those times if I run dvbsnoop I can see a valid
> PAT for the transponder I'm tuning to. If this were the case I would
> expect MythTV's siparser to show me that PAT - even if it were
> incorrect.

The SIParser isn't started until a proper PAT is seen. Run the backend
with '-v channel,record,siparser' to see all the relevant messages for
tuning.

Stuart Auchterlonie has recently been making some changes so that the
invalid PAT message is printed once and only once. It is however printed
400 ms after it is first seen to suppress some spurious error messages
when using broken DVB drivers (or a Linux kernel before 2.6.12).

-- Daniel