[mythtv] Rank and favourites strangeness

Mon Jan 23 20:55:05 UTC 2006

On 23/01/2006, at 6:23 PM, mythtv-dev-request at mythtv.org wrote:

> Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 08:17:50 -0500
> From: "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv] Rank and favourites strangeness
> To: Development of mythtv <mythtv-dev at mythtv.org>
>
> On 01/22/2006 05:39 AM, William Uther wrote:
>> Setting favourite channels: This just seems broken.  I went in to the
>> EPG and hit '?'.  Myth added '*'s to the beginning and end of the
>> channel.  I could hit / and the channels would move around.  It
>> didn't seem to hide non-favourites so much as move them to the bottom
>> of the list.  Then after I played with it for a while trying to
>> figure out exactly what was going on I got it into a state where I
>> had 5 callsigns/icons down the left hand side, but only two, very
>> tall, rows of channel information in the EPG.  Surely the callsigns
>> should always match the actual guide information?  Should hiding the
>> non-favourite channels actually hide them, or is this a documentation
>> issue and it is meant to just change the sorting?
>>
> In frontend settings, page "Program Guide 1/2":
>
> Only display 'favorite' channels
> If enabled, the EPG will initially display
> only the channels marked as favorites. Pressing
> "4" will toggle between displaying favorites and all
> channels.
>
> Mike

Thankyou for quoting the documentation at me...  If you look in
keys.txt you'll see that it lists "/" as a synonym for "4" in the
EPG.  And if you read my email again, you'll see that mythtv doesn't
seem to do that.  Now, I'm willing to accept that this may be a
keys.txt bug, but regardless of whether / is a synonym for 4 or not,
I don't think it should ever do what I described - have callsigns in
the EPG not match up with rows of programs.

Anyway, when I have some free time I'll have a look at what is really
going on and try to file a real bug report.

Be well,

Will           :-}