[mythtv] Mythfilldatabase ran, no data

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 20:26:46 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 Jan 2006 20:05, Dave Just wrote:
> On 23 Jan 2006, at 19:46, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> > On Monday 23 Jan 2006 19:07, Dave Just wrote:
> >> Could you share your patch to remove episode numbers from subtitles?
>
> Got it, fantastic, thanks, it removes a bunch of duplicates I was
> weeding by hand before.  As I said, it seems worse since I'm now
> mixing EIT and RT e.g. for E4 and E4+1 since RT doesn't have the +1
> yet.  I suppose missing +1 listings suggest another hack to the
> grabber, actually... but I'm going
> to resist trying it.

Hehe ... I can provide just that hack. Although it is actually to the
channel_ids file. The Radiotimes data includes the +1 channels and also
Sky-Three, ITV4 but the grabber isn't aware of them yet.

I've invented xmltv ids for these channels and they may be overwritten/changed
if you later update xmltv, so be aware!

Add the following to the /usr/share/xmltv/tv_grab_uk_rt/channel_ids file:
plus-1.e4.channel4.com:1161:E4+1
more4.channel4.com:1959:More4
plus-1.more4.channel4.com:1972:More4+1
itv4.itv.co.uk:1961:ITV4
sky-three.sky.com:1963:Sky Three

Of course the corresponding xmltvids to myth and the source xmltv file in
your .mythtv directory. Which reminds me of how overcomplicated this whole
system actually is!

If you want to add further recently launched channels then checkout:
http://xmltv.radiotimes.com/xmltv/channels.dat

Then plug in the ID and a made-up xmltvid to the channel_ids file etc
--
Stuart Morgan