[mythtv] Mythfilldatabase ran, no data

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 23 17:21:31 UTC 2006

On 01/23/2006 05:40 AM, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> For the last 3 or 4 days I've noticed the "mythfilldatabase ran, but did not
> insert any new data into the Guide. This can indicate a potential grabber
> failure." error.
>
> It doesn't give a clue as to the issue as no errors/warnings from the grabber
> are captured and passed on.
I'm assuming you mean you're logging mythfilldatabase output and didn't
see anything in the log?
>  Mythfilldatabase runs just fine when started at
> the prompt.
>
> About 4 days ago I did modify the tv_grab_uk_rt script to strip out some
> troublesome episode numbers from subtitles. I just cannot see a link between
> this and the no data problem, especially when it will run fine from the
> prompt.

Note that if you run mfdb from the prompt, the next time it runs
automatically through Myth, you're likely to get the "no new data"
message.  Perhaps (assuming you actually have as much data as you would
expect to have), you should wait a couple of days to see if it just
"goes away."

Mike