[mythtv] Problems getting a backtrace..... Slows to a halt and uses all memory up when run under GDB?

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Wed Jan 18 09:24:05 UTC 2006

Since I didn't get any response from the list, I'm just answering myself in
the hope it might benefit someone in the future.

Problem: major go-slow in GDB?

Solution:  um, make sure your swap space is active.  (is it listed in
/etc/fstab?, run swapon -a)

Obvious, now that I see it... not so obvious when I've got oodles of ram to
run other things (including myth normally), and never hit the hard limit
before.    :-)

Buzz.