[mythtv] Firewire troubles WAS Re: add to Trac?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 03:53:13 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 17 January 2006 20:10, Steve Adeff wrote:
> On Thursday 12 January 2006 11:02, Jim Westfall wrote:
> > Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote [01.12.06]:
> > > I'm getting A LOT of mpeg pixelation on the HD channels, which I wasn't
> > > getting last night that is not showing on the Component output.
> > >
> > > I have already had 1 channel mischange.
> > >
> > > I'll let you know when I encounter when the box stops streaming to the
> > > pc.
> >
> > Kinda smells like a hardware problem.  Have you atleast tried replacing
> > the firewire cable?
> >
> > If you are really interested in the bus reset, goto www.linux1394.org and
> > look at the docs for raw1394 there is a bus reset function.  Just insert
> > it right after mythtv opens the port.
> >
> > jim
>
> it seems that when I want to record something on a three digit channel the
> channel change goes bad, but if I'm watching livetv I can change channels
> all day without a problem.
>
> is there anyway to see why the channel changes get so many doubled or
> missed digits?

scratch that, channel changing just doesn't work.

On the plus side, telling Myth to use broadcast has allowed me to create any
0byte recordings. Sometimes the channel is wrong, but it always gets a
stream.

I posted to the user list the same, but have yet to hear feedback from anyone.

So what can I do to try and diagnose the channel changing issue?

--
thanks,
Steve