[mythtv] Problems with Bob Playback

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Sun Jan 15 14:18:53 UTC 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 21:12:05 -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Martin Ebourne wrote:
>> Anything other than timestretch 1.0 works great, just at 1.0 it is
>> broken.
>>
> If using timestretch, bob deinterlacing is disabled, so that would explain
> why you don't see the problem with timestretch.  :)

Yes, that is certainly implicated. But then something else is still going
on because with bob on and timestretch other than 1.0 the picture is
clearly being deinterlaced somehow - with bob off completely (from the
settings page) scrolling text has a comb effect at any timestretch, but
with bob on and timestretch in action there is no comb.

Actually, looking at the picture some more I think I can see what's
happening. With bob on and timestretch active the vertical resolution
appears to be halved, so I guess it's doing one-field deinterlacing
instead. That would explain the lack of shake.

Cheers,

Martin.