[mythtv] Channel handling

jafa hdtv at silicondust.com
Sun Jan 15 03:55:42 UTC 2006

Thanks - that was what I was looking for.
(resending to avoid size limit)

Am I correct in thinking the "channelnames" and "currentcapchannel"
relate to the input selection? (choosing between a list of inputs such
as antenna, composite, and s-video?)

This box has only one input (it has two tuners but they both run at the
same time so show up as two different devices). At the moment I have the
following in my constructor:
   channelnames[0] = "MPEG2TS";
   currentcapchannel = 0;

I also don't quite get the sourceid side of things... channel.cpp uses
sourceid based on the current input.
       "WHERE videosource.sourceid = channel.sourceid AND "
       "      channum = '%1' AND channel.sourceid = '%2'")
       .arg(chan).arg(sourceid[currentcapchannel]);

DBox2 does something different:
         "WHERE "
         "channel.sourceid = cardinput.sourceid AND "
         "cardinput.cardid = :CARDID AND "
                 "channel.channum = :CHANNUM");
   query.bindValue(":CARDID", m_cardid);
   query.bindValue(":CHANNUM", channelnumber);

The attached patch is the latest code I am working with. It changes
channel now but the channel query is a hack and doesn't look right.

This is turning out to be quite interesting :-)

Nick