[mythtv] Problems with Bob Playback

Martin Ebourne lists at ebourne.me.uk
Sat Jan 14 23:14:41 UTC 2006

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:01:54 +1100, greg.mythtv wrote:
> I have a problem with Changeset 8510 where playback gets severely jerky
> after a pause/play.
>
> Some specifics:
>
> Only appears to effect the bob deinterlacer (which is the most useful one
> IMHO) I use PAL DVB in australia.
> Is quite repeatable.
> I am using svideo from an FX 5200.
> Problem occurs for both Standard and libmpeg2 playback. Skipping forward
> in playback does not appear to cause the problem. Switching timestretch to
> 1.05 or 0.95 makes it smooth again, but switching back to 1.00 causes it
> to start jerking again.
>
> I would be very interested to know if anyone else is seeing(or not seeing)

I'm getting the exact same thing. I am also PAL DVB but UK. I am using VGA
@ 1360x768/60Hz via a Matrox G550. It's not jerky as in pausing, but
rather the picture is vibrating vertically by about a source pixel, at
about the frame rate, which also causes jerky movement. Almost like it's
drawing the bottom field above the top field. It also affects the OSD in
the same way, and I see this not just on over the air programming, but
also on DVDs using the internal player. PAL and NTSC dvds and ones that I
believe are progressive too.

Anything other than timestretch 1.0 works great, just at 1.0 it is broken.