[mythtv] osx-packager.pl breaks after install of fink

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Fri Jan 13 13:05:16 UTC 2006

David Snider <dsnider at thesniderpad.com> writes:

>> For OSX, isn't this simple?  It looks like the exif package downloaded
>> by osx-packager.pl is just never installed in any way that pkg-config
>> could possibly know about.  Seems to me that we need a
>> --force-new-exif flag that osx-packager.pl can pass along to
>> configure.  No?
>>
> I was going along the same lines as you, but I figured that the -
> enable-new-exif was already a quasi "Force".  Anyway, Nigel disagrees
> because it really is fink that is broken.  The culprit came from me
> installing mplayer via fink.  It installed pkg-config, qt3, arts, and
> a slew of other stuff.  When I recursively removed pkgconfig it
> pulled all of those packages as well and I am happily compiling
> again....

I don't know about it being fink's problem; I'm having the same
problem as you now, unless I do soemthing to force the use of NEWEXIF.
And on this machine, I've been ultra-careful to avoid installing
things with fink because the last place I tried to build, the fink
installations of QT et. al. were getting picked up in various paths
instead of those downloaded by osx-packager, which was confusing the
whole process.  It seems to me that any process (like osx-packager.pl)
that downloads its own copies of libraries without truly "installing"
them in a way that pkg-config can find is bound to fail if
autodetection is used.  I'm pretty sure that all we need is to add

  $ENV{'PKG_CONFIG_PATH'} = "$PREFIX/lib/pkgconfig:" . $ENV{'PKG_CONFIG_PATH'};

to osx-packager.pl

Testing now...

--
Dave Abrahams