[mythtv] osx-packager.pl breaks after install of fink

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Fri Jan 13 05:23:10 UTC 2006

> For OSX, isn't this simple?  It looks like the exif package downloaded
> by osx-packager.pl is just never installed in any way that pkg-config
> could possibly know about.  Seems to me that we need a
> --force-new-exif flag that osx-packager.pl can pass along to
> configure.  No?

I was going along the same lines as you, but I figured that the -
enable-new-exif was already a quasi "Force".  Anyway, Nigel disagrees
because it really is fink that is broken.  The culprit came from me
installing mplayer via fink.  It installed pkg-config, qt3, arts, and
a slew of other stuff.  When I recursively removed pkgconfig it
pulled all of those packages as well and I am happily compiling
again....