[mythtv] add to Trac?

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 02:48:15 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 11 January 2006 21:08, Jim Westfall wrote:
> Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote [01.11.06]:
> > Jim, read the email I linked to. On top of that, its not just me, its
> > just about everyone using the DCT64xx machines that I've talked to. What
> > happens is the pc can't receive a stream from the cablebox over the
> > firewire and ends up creating a 0byte recording file. The way to get this
> > to work again is the either unplug the firewire cable and plug it back
> > in, resetting the node, OR use gscanbus's Force Bus Reset. Since this
> > communications loss happens at seemingly random times my propsal is to
> > reset the node the box is on before recordings. A second problem is that
> > channel changes don't always go correctly. This may be caused by
> > something else, but another thought I had was perhaps doing the node
> > reset before the channel change may increase the success rate.
>
> I did read it, its just you asking someone to make a patch to reset the
> firewire bus before each recording.
>
> I would like to know how you have your firewire configured in mythtv and
> plugctl info.  I was unable to find an email with you giving the
> infomation.
>
> What you discribe can occur if you have mythtv setup to use a p2p firewire
> connection when your dct62xx wants a broadcast connection.  From what I
> seen usually dct62xx that come up as node 1 on an empty bus work best with
> p2p and node 2 with broadcast.
>
> jim

the problem is that you can't control how the dct62xx comes up, some will
allow for broadcast connection, some will only work with p2p.  I have it
setup as a firewire capture card, Cable Box Model DCT-6200, Connection Type
Point to Point, Port 0, Node 2.

I can't enable bcast(it never =1), here's my plugreport:

Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x00004c0100004366
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Node 1 GUID 0x6643000000004366
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Node 2 GUID 0x000e5cfffed720aa
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=1
        channel=63, data_rate=3, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

--
Steve