[mythtv] "SOP: SERVICE 173" on qam cable...what is it? can myth use it?

Michael Freeman mlfreeman at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 05:27:59 UTC 2006

hmm.  when i played the raw capture in my windows box, i could hear audio,
pauses, more audio, done. so maybe the guide hides on the back of a QAM256
audio channel.
if someone wants to look at it (since maybe there's something that would
work across the comcast world in it), i can post it.
i'd try, but, well, i'm sure i'd still be trying to figure it out when
someone here made it work with myth.

from what little i can figure out, the first problem is the lack of the
0x1ffb PID that the ATSC spec says is some sort of a master PID.