[mythtv] MythTV Usability Report

Myles Eftos madpilot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 01:20:39 UTC 2006

> G3 - That's the nature of PVRs.  try using the EPG or browse mode.
> G5 - Because it's also known as the conflict resolution screen
> G6 - RTFM?
> G7 - Go to the upcoming recording screen, the watch recordings screen or
> hell any screen involving recordings.
>
> EPG1 - Hit the "show guide" button

I think the point that Jono is making is that for interface issues
like this you shouldn't have to RTFM. My girlfriend isn't going to
jump on Google and try to find the legend for key bindings. He makes
some valid points here and isn't looking for the solution himself - he
is looking for the solution for ALL users.

You can, to a degree get away with web-only documentation for software
packages that are going to be used exclusively by computer people
(i.e. someone with the knowledge to install the package in the first
place), but MythTV is now getting to the point where many non-computer
users are using it. Usability and/or thorough online help is extremely
important in this instance.