[mythtv] SVN8501 LiveTV via firewire

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 00:09:01 UTC 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 13:11, Jeremy Muhlich wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:46 -0500, Steve Adeff wrote:
> > ok, I can just unplug it and plug it back in to the same port and it
> > works fine. Is there a way to do this node suspend and node resumed in
> > software so I can manually reset it?
>
> In gscanbus, there is a "force bus reset" menu entry that might do it.
> Once I ripped out the bus reset code into a standalone non-gui utility,
> but I seem to have lost it.
>

>  -- Jeremy

ok, I did a bus reset ala gscanbus and it fixed the problem the last few times
it happened. I also checked to see if doing a bus reset while it was working
would cause any problems, and it never did, unless it was done in the middle
of a recording or watching live tv (which I can understand why). I also never
saw anything occur that caused the data stream to stop in the middle of a
recording/watching live tv.

So...
Since I don't know what I'm doing in the world of coding, could someone that
knows how send me a diff that will force a bus reset before Myth begins to
grab data from the firewire source? If possible, just reseting the node that
specific box is connected to? I'd like to test this out and see if this helps
this issue.

--
thanks!
Steve