[mythtv] SVN8501 LiveTV via firewire

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 18:34:22 UTC 2006

On Friday 06 January 2006 13:11, Jeremy Muhlich wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 11:46 -0500, Steve Adeff wrote:
> > ok, I can just unplug it and plug it back in to the same port and it
> > works fine. Is there a way to do this node suspend and node resumed in
> > software so I can manually reset it?
>
> In gscanbus, there is a "force bus reset" menu entry that might do it.
> Once I ripped out the bus reset code into a standalone non-gui utility,
> but I seem to have lost it.
>

>  -- Jeremy

I'll give it a try. I know there are others that have had similar issues, so
if it works for me I'll post on the user list, and if it works for others it
might be a worthwhile patch to have Myth reset the bus before every recording
and see if that fixes things for the DCT's.

thanks for the help Jeremy,
--
Steve