[mythtv] DVB Full Scan freq tables

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 09:45:36 UTC 2006

On 06/01/06, Carlos Fdez Manteiga <churly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi again:
>
> Would make sense then, to make a full scan, that scans all terrestial
> freqs? I mean, all VHF and UHF freqs, so it'll work for all DVB--T
> countries and cards.
>
> I don't know if setting all to auto (QAM, bandwith, etc) will work
> everywhere though...
>
> Regards

Which is why we have those different tables :) There are too many variations
in  the parameters, the main culprits being Bandwidth and Inversion. The UK
scan is already quite slow at the moment as is, (I actually prefer to do the
tuned version, just to get the channels set up quickly). Maybe we could
speed it up in the future, but I wouldn't count on it.

A "catch all" table might be an idea, possibly taking in the UK, Australian
and German variations, (probably very slow though).

--
John