[mythtv] Firewire Problems (DCT6200)

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 02:49:52 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 January 2006 19:17, Bryan Murphy wrote:
> Steve Adeff wrote:
> > these are the versions I have running, I think are the latest, and will
> > work: libavc1394-0.5.1
> > libiec61883-1.0.0
> > libraw1394-1.2.0
>
> Same versions here.
>
> >> 6. rename and restore libraw1394 and libavc1394 in /usr/lib
> >
> > why did you do this step? If possible, since you compiled them from
> > scratch, you can remove the packaged versions.
>
> I have some other software installed that complains if those libraries
> aren't available.

ok, what about having the versions you compiled in /usr/local/lib and have
mythtv link against those explicitly? no renaming/moving/etc...

> >> 0000:02:08.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host
> >> Controller (rev 80)
> >
> > Did you ever look into why it would stop working after two weeks?
>
> I did, but I never found any pattern to it.  It would just stop.  It was
> easy enough to fix (a quick reboot) and I've been very busy lately so I
> haven't had much incentive to follow it up on the list until now.
>
> >> And it does look like I've got a VIA Firewire interface.
> >
> > but previously, it was working fine when it did work?
>
> It worked great when it worked!

ok, and you always used your compiled versions of the firewire libraries for
mythtv? I wonder which VIA chipset you have specificly. When you get a chance
to look, if you could let me know I'd appreciate it.

> >> I can also try another firewire interface.  I may have a PCI firewire
> >> card lying around somewhere.
> >
> > Well, it should be possible to get it working with your VIA firewire
> > since it did work before. I would be curious though, if moving to a non
> > VIA firewire chipset solves the 2week or any other issues you may have
> > had?
>
> I'll try to dig something up this weekend.  Hopefully I'll have some
> more time to play around with it and try a different card.
>
> Bryan

Sounds good, let us know.

--
Steve