[mythtv] USB dvb card: recent issues (inc spurious insertion of channels)

Dave Just justifiably at cwazy.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 16:07:58 UTC 2006

Thanks for the reply...

> I thought that particular bit of code in the backend had been
> disabled.
> You're not running mythfilldatabase are you ? (could be completely
> wrong about that though)

Yes, I am running mythfilldatabase, but I didn't think it added new
channels into the database?

> Channel Setup -> Advanced -> "Menu Key" -> Delete option. Assuming
> it still works.

Thanks --- of course I should have tried the magical menu key
(actually this is in channel editor -> transport editor -> menu
key).  Anyway, this wouldn't have been immediately helpful --- it
would be good for the user if there was some way to find info on the
transports besides the numbers which are pretty meaningless to the
average person... even finding the connection to "freqid" displayed
against the channels in mythweb was pretty tricky.

  - Dave