[mythtv] Re: Anyone got a moment to put a couple of trivial patches

Michael Haas hansi.urpils at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 15:21:29 UTC 2006

On 1/5/06, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> > Also, this would be very useful for installing SVN on multiple FE/BE. I
> > am not sure how one does that currently without recompiling on each
> machine.
>
> I have 4 systems that I run Myth SVN on (3 production and 1 development)
> and
> I only compile once.  Each system is kept at the same revision level for
> all
> packages so I just run "make" on my main development system and then
> "make install" on all the other boxes from my nfs-mounted source
> directory.
>
> --
> Chris

I'm using an updated version of mdz's debian patch applied against MythTV
from SVN head. All i have to do now is an 'svn up' && 'dch -v
0.18.1-<date>-<revision>'
followed by a dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot. This gives me some nice debian
packages that can easily be installed via 'dpkg -i'.

You can get this patch here:
http://www.hamstaman.lxserv.de/mythtv/patche/mythtv_h2.diff.tar.gz
Keep in mind that you may have to do adjustments in debian/*files since some
binaries don't exist anymore, but it's possible that the patch has been
updated.

For our german-speaking users, we have a short HOWTO here:
http://www.mythwiki.de/index.php/CVS-Pakete_unter_Kanotix/Debian_erstellen

Kind regards,

Michael 'laga' Haas