[mythtv] DVB Full Scan freq tables

John Pullan john.pullan at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 09:38:10 UTC 2006

On 04/01/06, Carlos Fdez Manteiga <churly at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I've just uploaded a patch to enable DVB full scan here at Spain (UHF
> 21-69), but I think MythTV should be more universal. I mean, doing a
> full scan on all available freqs to the DVB card, just like analog TV
> or others apps like Kaffeine.
>
> Perhaps this was already discussed, and it's not done because the
> card/driver can fail if a invalid freq is tuned but, what about
> creating three options?:
>
> - DVB-C
> - DVB-S
> - DVB-T
>
> And their respective min/max freqs so a DVB-S card doesn't get
> confused with DVB-T freqs and so on.
>
> Greets and happy new year!

Firstly, thanks for the patch.

AFAIK  you should only get the  "Full Scan"  option for DVB-T cards anyway.
DVB-S doesn't make any sense in this context, and no one with a DVB-C card
has got back to us with a usable full scan. I think DVB-C should be doable
if someone with a card can work out how to step through the frequencies with
meaningful parameters.

Regards
--
John