[mythtv] Marking programmes as 'previously seen/recorded'

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sun Jan 1 14:51:10 EST 2006

Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Kevin Kuphal wrote:
>
>> Stuart Morgan wrote:
>>
>>> I thought a useful addition would be the option to mark programs in
>>> the guide as 'Previously seen'. Essentially adding them to the
>>> oldrecorded table without actually recording them.
>>>
>>> There are a large number of repeats on currently which have not been
>>> previously recorded on the Myth box nor marked as reruns by the
>>> listing provider. There are also many films which I saw pre-myth.
>>> Marking them as recorded now will avoid me re-recording and wasting
>>> scheduling time/space in the future.
>>>
>>> Would anyone else appreciate this facility?
>>

>> If something is scheduled you can mark it as Never Record which does
>> this.  I'm not sure why you would need to mark something as never
>> record that you are not currently scheduled to record...
>

> Because my Myth box has better long-term memory than I do.  :)
> Creating a one-time record rule, marking it "Never Record", and then
> deleting the rule is way too much work.  I like to add movies that
> I've seen to the oldrecorded table just in case I forget when it airs
> again in 2 years and set a record rule (or, if I'm thinking, so I can
> run a quick query in 2 years to see whether I've seen it).

Is it the case then that you use alot of category recordings?
Otherwise, if you choose to schedule it for recording, I would think
either a) you wanted to see it or b) found it interesting enough to
check it out and if you find later you've seen it then you just delete,
with prejudice.  I suppose if you had alot of category record rules or
other "automatic" catches it would make sense but it seems fluff to me
because you'll see those recordings ahead of time in upcoming recordings
and can remove them or you simply just never choose to schedule them
individually in the first place.

Kevin