[mythtv] external channel change program

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 28 20:16:28 UTC 2006

On 02/28/2006 02:57 PM, Chris Bagwell wrote:
>> the "external channel change" section of mythtv-setup is gone.
> I just noticed this myself as well.  I installed MythTV from SVN about
> 2 weeks before 0.19 was released.  The externalcommand field was
> accessable at that point.
>
> Then I corrupted my database this week and thought the fastest thing
> to do was delete it and recreated it.  I noticed that I couldn't
> set the externalcommand field.  Thought I was going crazy for a couple
> of days.
>
> I've tracked it down kinda to CardInput::cardInput(isDVBcard) and
> to the only place I see that being created.  cardutil.cpp's
> CardUtil::GetCardInput() always creates a CardInput with a value
> of "true" which means it always thinks its a DVB card.
>
> Havne't had time to look at SVN history yet.  I was thinking about
> just hacking the code to get my database created correctly for
> now.

Yeah.  I was debugging it myself, since this is about the 4th time I've
seen it mentioned.  I came to the same conclusion and was just writing
up a response when I saw your message.

It seems it was broken by a typo in [8989].  The attached patch fixes it
for non-DVB cards, but I don't know if it's the correct fix.  It may
break DVB cards, so I would appreciate any feedback from DVB users.

Mike