[mythtv] OSD problems: chromakey doesn't fade out; others don't do HD switch

Wendy Seltzer wseltzer at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 01:01:52 UTC 2006

On 2/26/06, Taylor Ralph <tralph11 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Wendy Seltzer <wseltzer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The chromakey OSD is no longer fading from the
> > screen after an item is
> > displayed in TV playback, despite DB settings
> > (particularly annoying
> > when "Default Settings" comes up on playback), but
> > takes an ESC press
> > to remove.  Other OSDs still fade, so I'm guessing
> > the problem might
> > be <http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9072>.
>
> Changeset 9072 only applies to XvMC playback and you
> state you are using Xv so that isn't the problem. I
> don't think chromakey OSD is supposed to fade since it
> isn't blended with the video.

Maybe I should have said "doesn't disappear" (whether or not it's
supposed to fade).

The info bar stops updating time/position after the "OSD fade time" of
2 or 3 seconds, but it stays on-screen after it's been invoked and
until dismissed by an ESC.  The "Default Settings" at the top of the
screen doesn't go away until a different popup is set up and
dismissed.

Thanks,
--Wendy
--