[mythtv] Slow keyboard annoyance

Lorenz Hahn lorenz at gesindel.org
Sun Feb 26 14:08:01 UTC 2006

Lorenz Hahn schrieb:
> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>>On Sunday 26 February 2006 00:57, Isaac Richards wrote:
>>>I'd think probably the graphics card.  The UI is heavy on the
>>>alpha-blending. Try running X or the frontend at a lower res.  Could try a
>>>different theme as well.  Might also try the nvidia driver.
>>
>>Yup, ISTR sucktastic performance like that with a TNT2 and no nvidia driver on
>>an old machine I once was running as a backend.
>
> Ok, I'll give the proprietary driver a try to save some patience.

... GPU is not supported by this driver ...

(NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-8178-pkg1)
(uname -r: 2.6.15.4)
(lspci | grep VGA:
0000:01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV4 [RIVA
TNT] (rev 04))
=> no way out.

GANT and blue's behaviour are identical.
=> no way out.

Screen-Resolution: I had to reduce the resolution from 1200x1024 to
320x240 to omit the double key press effect. Beside the unreadable
fonts, which were displayed as a single line of pixels of different
gray, the rest of the desktop software runs just fine with the high
resolution. This includes TV and video display.
=> no way out.

Is there a 'minimalistic theme' regarding alpha-blending demands?
Is there a way to complete omit any eye-candy? I don't know any reason,
why one shoud by a new graphic card to debounce a keyboard.

Best regards,
Lorenz