[mythtv] Annoyance/Suggestion with thumbnails display on recordingin progress

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Sun Feb 26 03:37:29 UTC 2006

> Wouldn't it be more efficient to either: 1) realize that the recording
> is in progress, and the png most likely isn't created yet and skip the
> thumbnail.. and when the recording finishes it nicely refreshes like it
> does in other cases.
>
> Or
>
> 2) Try once to get the image, let the backend do it's thing and create
> it.. but don't wait for it, or try 12 times to get the image.
>
> If there is no image available now, lets jsut put nothing up. This
> makes sense to me, and would greatly improve the useability of the FE,
> especially when scrolling through multiple recordings in progress.

maybe a generic "Recording In Progress ..." image for records *gasp* in
progress ;) ... might be nice if you're scrolling through and saw one
you considered watching, only to notice the image and realize it was
still in the process of recording (i'm not in front of the box, so
just 	quietly ignore me if there already is some sort of notification
... i just recently finally got around to start working with the TV side
of myth .. just been using it for a movie / dvd / music frontend until now)

-g-