[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9138 - in trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv by danielk

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Sat Feb 25 01:43:25 UTC 2006

On Saturday 25 February 2006 00:59, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-25 at 00:52 +0100, Janne Grunau wrote:
> >
> > But Valgrind still finds one off-by-X-error (X = 1,2,3,4) in memcpy
> > in pespacket.h:83. It is an invalid read, so no segfault.
> >
> > hould I open a ticket?
>
> Sure, if you could debug this a bit that would be helpful.
> My guess is that these packets are missing the CRC (check HasCRC()).

I tried and I think it is not missing CRC. The errors are in the
CreateBlank() methods of ProgramMapTable and ProgramAssociationTable.
They use the copy-ctor of PESPacket with a PesPacket created from a
TSPAcket. If we use both constructors in this way
_allocSize(pespacket:80) will be 192 (pkg._pesdata is set in line 38,
pkg._fullbuffer in 53). But a TSPacket has only 188 bytes.
Not sure how to fix this, assuming that the constructors do in some
cases the right thing.

The errors will probably not create any trouble.

I'll attach the valgrind error message to a ticket.

Janne