[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r9044 by cpinkham

Graeme Hilton graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk
Sun Feb 19 10:41:01 UTC 2006

Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 16:38 -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:
>>> Sorry about that, I didn't realize F6 was already bound...
>> No problem.  I had a hard time finding something when I added the FINDER
>> binding. :)  Makes sense for the other keys to be together, although
>> using 5 keys is a bit much just for colors.  Would be nice if the
>> patch toggled through the 5 colors using one key.
>
> Make sense, I'll leave it to Frank to review what I checked
> in and make a fixup patch before I do anything more.
>
> Frank, can you implement a color cycling for this?
>
> We're a bit tight on unmapped keys in "TV Playback"...

Sorry to butt in, but if Daniel's F2-F6 are mappings for the
Red/Green/Yellow/Blue buttons (in that order!), then I think they each
need a separate keybinding.  The menus are often presented as Press Red
for x, press Green for y, etc... and I think a colour cycling type thing
would be counter intuitive and damage the WAF!

Of course, there is that chance that I've got the wrong end of the
stick, so please feel free to ignore me.

--
Graeme Hilton
Not a developer, but trying to help things along in a sensible manner...