[mythtv] Frequent segmentation faults with MythMusic 0.19

Brent Fisher brentfisher at shaw.ca
Sat Feb 18 16:57:47 UTC 2006

I've been experiencing frequent crashes with MythMusic for a while now
and I've managed to capture a back trace for one of them.  This happened
with 0.18 but I didn't do anything about it thinking that it would
likely be fixed in 0.19.  I've upgraded to 0.19, but the problem persists.

It seems to occur most often with returning to the "now playing" screen
after editing the playlist.  While I'm able to reproduce it quite
easily, I haven't yet determined if there is a particular pattern that
causes it.  I just switch between the playlist editing screen and the
main screen changing the playlist each time.  Sometimes it crashes,
sometimes it doesn't.

I'm using Goom as the visualization.  I haven't tried changing this or
turning it off yet.

The system is as follows (this is a frontend-only machine):

$ uname -a
Linux samwise 2.6.13-gentoo-r5 #4 Mon Jan 9 22:01:26 MST 2006 i686 VIA
Nehemiah CentaurHauls GNU/Linux

$ mythfrontend --version
Library API version: 0.19.20060121-2
Source code version: Unknown
Options compiled in:
linux debug using_xvmcw using_v4l using_oss using_alsa using_ivtv
using_lirc using_x11 using_xv using_xrandr using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld
using_opengl_vsync using_frontend using_backend

I have the folloing modules installed
libmythcontrols.so
libmythdvd.so
libmythgallery.so