[mythtv] MythWeb Paged TV Listings

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Feb 17 20:24:48 UTC 2006

In message <43F628FF.8020500 at forevermore.net>
          Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:

> > No, in my case it's the db query.. The query gets logged by mysql as a slow
> > query. It often takes > 5 minutes between the DB and httpd before it starts
> > spooling any data to the web browser, in my case.
>
> Ok, then there's definitely something wrong with your setup, or you have
> a horribly slow machine.  I think the query takes like 2 seconds on my
> p4, and it's hardly fast by today's standards.  Or maybe you really just
> have that many channels.  I'll reexamine the query at some point and see
> if maybe it's something that can be fixed with an additional index or two.

I'm seeming a massive slowdown in mythweb since upgrading to 0.19 that
seems to be down to time spent waiting for MySQL.

I was running an almost 0.19 build (of revision 8654) for a few weeks
and that was fine but since going to the ATrpms build of the 0.19 release
version it has slowed down hugely. Looking at the machine shows mysqld
using vast amounts of CPU before it starts returning the page.

This happens with the listings page, the recorded programs page and
the scheduled recordings page.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)