[mythtv] LiveBufferDir still live in database

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 15:54:38 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 Feb 2006 15:33, Jack Perveiler wrote:
> I was poking around my database this morning and noticed that LiveBufferDir
> still exists in the settings table (I'm running 0.19) .  I grepped the
> mythtv/mythplugins/myththemes sources and couldn't find it anywhere (which
> makes sense, considering how livetv works now).
>
> So I have 2 questions:
>
> 1) Is there a reason it's still in the table?

There will be many redundant settings in the table if you don't start with a
new database each time you upgrade. They aren't created for new users though
and don't consume any significant space so there is no point in removing
them.

> 2) If not, I could write a patch to remove it (it would go in dbcheck.cpp,
> right?).  It seems like a pretty trivial reason to bump the database
> schema, though.  Which is better... small changes in each schema bump, or
> fewer bumps with larger changes?  This certainly isn't urgent and could
> just be folded into the next time someone else makes a sexier database
> change.

Not worth doing. There is little purpose served in bumping the db schema to
remove some redundant and harmless settings. If they bother you, remove them
manually or start with a clean settings table.
--
Stuart Morgan