[mythtv] Prebuffering pause w/PVR-250 Stream - SVN 8896

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Mon Feb 13 16:51:05 UTC 2006

Tom Lichti wrote:
> Mark Buechler wrote:
>
>> Check "RecordFilePrefix" in settings.value in your db for your
>> frontend and make sure it matches your NFS mount where your recordings
>> are stored. Then run mythfrontend with - v playback and ensure that
>> ringbuffer isn't opening files with the prefix mythv://...
>>
>> - Mark.
>>
> So with a slave, you couldn't use the same path, correct? i.e. my master
> saves recordings in /myth/tv, and so does my slave, so I'd have to
> change my slave path?
>
> Thanks
> Tom

I've switched my frontend as suggested for streaming, and files now
playback flawlessly (it used to skip a lot before) from the master (as
that is what I have mounted under RecordFilePrefix) but anything from my
slave (mostly LiveTV) is unwatchable via streaming. I can't believe it
is a hardware issue, this is SDTV from a PVR250, frontend is a P4 2.9,
1GB RAM, Nvidia 6200GT, 1000BT NIC.

So my question is, how do I get both master and slave recordings to be
served to a remote frontend via NFS and not streamed? Or how can I debug
why streaming does not work?

Thanks
Tom