[mythtv] episode browser

Goran Sterjov goran.sterjov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 01:40:35 UTC 2006

I haven't been on the mythtv developer list for a while now so forgive me if
this post is redundant but i have been flirting with the idea of a full
fledged show/episode browser with episode information and show images on
mythtv, using the data from tv.com.

i don't know if one already exists but i have built one up for myself,
unfortunately its made in c# and serializes the data. so in order to use the
program it has to be executed with mono. in addition to this i have modified
all images for a 16:9 tv and as a result of my inexperience with GDK
drawing, the user interface is a bit slow.

The slow speeds and somewhat poor programming is acceptable for me as it
completes the job quite nicely. However if anyone would like the source code
for show browser or even a few screenshots, by all means don't hesitate to
ask. i was thinking about putting all of it on the net but i figured it
would be best to see if there is any interest in it.

For the sake of clarity lets just say the whole thing is GPL'ed. Why not. I
just want to watch shows in a neat and organised manner.

Cheers
Goran Sterjov