[mythtv] Deb builds from SVN?

Buzz buzz at oska.com
Sat Feb 11 04:53:44 UTC 2006

> What would be the proper structure for something like this?
> Is there a general consensus that the debs should be
> modularized or just mythplugins, myththemes, mythtv?

Atrpms.net is the most popular RPM packager of myth, and they bundle each of
the plugins and optional themes individually from the base mythtv package.
They also provide a "meta-package" (no files, just dependancies) that
depends on all the separate myth+plugins+themes packages, and allows you to
get them all installed easily.

Currently the packages they use are:

Base mythtv packages:
 mythtv-themes (non-optional, base themes)
 mythtv-setup (initial config tools)
 mythtv-frontend
 mythtv-backend
 mythtv   (common myth stuff required for backend and frontend, depended on
by these)
 libmyth
 libmyth-devel (headers, etc. only required if building against libmyth)

Optional plugins packages:
 mythplugins (meta-package of dependancies to bring all the plugins below
onto a instalation)
 mythweather
 mythvideo
 mythphone
 mythnews
 mythmusic
 mythgame
 mythgallery
 mythdvd
 mythbrowser

Optional themes packages:
 mythtv-theme-Retro
 mythtv-theme-ProjectGrayhem
 mythtv-theme-MediaCenterOSD
 mythtv-theme-MediaCenter
 mythtv-theme-MediaCenterWeb
 mythtv-theme-MythCenter
 mythtv-theme-visor
 mythtv-theme-abstract
 mythtv-theme-Titivillus
 mythtv-theme-isthmus
 mythtv-theme-sleek
 mythtv-theme-purplegalaxy
 mythtv-theme-photo
 mythtv-theme-gant

Other optionals (may not be part of official mythtv):
 mythweb
 mythmkmovie
 mythstream

Finally:
 mythtv-suite (meta-package that depends on all the above packages, and gets
it easily installed)

Don't trust this to be 100% accurate, I've just retyped this based on the
atrpms.net website, and I'm fallible.

Buzz.