[mythtv] Storage Groups functionality

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Feb 7 23:05:40 UTC 2006

Carl Reynolds wrote:

>f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>
>><snip...>
>>
>>....  Obviously, this entire scheme depends on -nothing- in Myth itself ever deleting something from "oldrecorded"; if such a thing can happen, I'll have
>>to make an entirely separate table so Myth keeps its mitts off it....
>>
>><...snip...>
>>
>If you look at mythtv/programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp:2805 of the
>latest svn (8893) you'll see that mythfilldatabase deletes records older
>than 320 days from oldrecorded.

oldprogram != oldrecorded  (just do a desc on each to see that they're
_very_ differrent tables)

The only records mythfilldatabase ever deletes from oldrecorded are
those that are older than the user-specified setting "CleanOldRecorded"
and that were not recorded.  (SVN stores programs that match recording
rules in oldrecorded even if they're not recorded so you can check why
they weren't recorded--within CleanOldRecorded days, at least.  In
0.18.1 and below, mfdb should not ever delete records from oldrecorded.)

Deleting records that show what you recorded from oldrecorded would be A
Bad Thing considering they take very little space and provide
information (so that in you don't start re-recording season 1 when
season 3 starts--which it would do if the records were removed every 320
days (~1 year)).

Mike