[mythtv] Recordings in subdirectories

Adam Egger mythtv2006 at bdam.de
Sun Feb 5 14:14:21 UTC 2006

On 2/5/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> Once I get some more feedback, I'll put it in Trac for the devs to make
> that decision.  ;)  (It would definitely be after 0.19, though, since
> we're in feature freeze--and, really, we'd need some awareness of the
> consequences in auto-expire before it's ready for mainstream.

Mike, you could also take a look at VDR. It automatically uses every
subfolder in the recording directory when there's not enough space
left. There were three things I like on VDR when I tried it to compare
it with MythTV a few weeks ago. And the multiple dir support was one
of them.
The others were the possibility to record multiple DVB streams from
one transport at once and the nice way to flag the commercials (you
can manually choose for every recording if it should search for
interrupted AC3 sound during the commercials etc).

Adam