[mythtv] Recordings in subdirectories

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:02:09 UTC 2006

On 2/5/06, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> The attached patch adds the ability to store MythTV recordings in
> subdirectories of the RecordFilePrefix (or its subdirectories).
> Although the patch could be used to sort files (and make for smaller
> directories to improve filesystem performance), moving files to
> subdirectories is most useful when mounting additional filesystems
> (either local or network) beneath the RecordFilePrefix.

I think with this patch added, we could move one step closer to having
recordings be put across multiple drives, using symbolic links.  With
some kind of job running every now and again, just move a recording to
a symbolically linked sub directory and then update the DB
accordingly.

This would be good for people like me who would like to add a new
disk, but don't want to enable LVM or RAID.

Mike, is this patch going into SVN?

Whytey