[mythtv] Compiling on AMD64

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 2 20:45:23 UTC 2006

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> Hmm, I've 3 Mandriva systems and I don't remember having to add the /usr/lib64
> path to any. Your right that the /lib64 isn't added, my mistake, although it
> seems only a handful of badly packaged RPMs actually use that path and I've
> not needed to add it (yet).

This is my ld.so.conf:
include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/usr/X11R6/lib64
/usr/lib/qt3/lib64
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/qt3/lib

No sign of eith /lib64 nor /usr/lib64... (and there is nothing in the .d
folder of interest). The "/usr/lib/qt3/lib" is a result of me having the
32-bit version of qt installed along with the 64-bit version.

Perhaps a certain package you have installed specifically added the
/usr/lib64 path to that file? Checking on a i586 box I use, it doesn't
have the /usr/lib path in there either...

> The patches are a good idea, if you settle on one particular method (they do
> the same thing two different ways) then you should submit them to trac.

I know! I must have been on crack when I make the second set of changes.
Just goes to show there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Just tidyed them both up and will submit to track sortly. I also noticed
an assumption of lib in the the has_header function that I missed.
Doesn't really affect me, but worth fixing anyways...

My default make install still puts libs in /usr/local/lib/ tho' which
should really be addressed but I can't see where to set that in the
configure scripts...

Col