[mythtv] Compiling on AMD64

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Feb 2 20:16:47 UTC 2006

Stuart Morgan wrote:
> Configure relies on the paths declared in ld.so.conf - that *should* be
> populated by the OS in an ideal world. Certainly Mandriva adds the correct
> paths and you would think that Redhat (Fedora) would too.

That's odd. My Mandriva doesn't add the necessary entries to ld.so.conf
(or any conf in the .d directory). From what I gather the system knows
that /lib64 and /usr/lib64 are LD paths so it doesn't add them to the
ld.so.conf system, it only adds non-standard paths e.g.
/usr/lib/qt3/lib64 etc.

That's my experience anyway and I needed the patches posted in my last
message.

Col.